Today I have made some pretty good progress on the combat code. I am completely satisfied with the current code as 1v1 combat, I’ll still have to scale it for more than one enemy at a time, but it works great! Damage calculations, experience, and auto-healing while out of combat include some of the things I added today.
After I got that all done, I moved onto inventory. I have an inventory script that I am satisfied with. It won’t do for the final game, because it has a slight memory leak, but it works just fine for the purposes of testing. Next I’ll probably work on adding more stats to the player with more effects, since I’m still too chicken to work on the map generation right now.